The vision of Cops ‘N Kids Chandler is to demonstrate to our children the commitment of our community by organizing memorable literacy events throughout Chandler. For volunteers, these events present an opportunity to interact with and read to the children; for the children, this an opportunity to take home a book/books of their very own while interacting with members of our community.
Collaboration and partnerships are maintained with Chandler businesses, organizations, municipal leaders, the educational community and caring, committed volunteers who personally or through membership in organizations devote valued time to positively impact the lives of our children.
Community services provided:
- Collecting new and gently used books from book drives and individual donations made at designated locations in Chandler.
- Storing books at sites where they are sorted and labeled by volunteers for future distribution.
- Partnering with the Chandler community agencies to provide the Reading Rooms that maintains fully stocked bookshelves where children and parents are encouraged to stop in to share reading stories and to select free books.
- Bringing the community into Reading Rooms to read to the children or listen to them read whenever possible with volunteers that include police officers, high school and college students, municipal leaders, retired teachers and members of the community and local organizations.
- Personalizing the literacy experience and interactions by including in each book a special label that is signed by a member of the community participating in the event.